When you leave town you may submit a form asking the Melbourne Beach Police Department to check on your house for you while you are gone.
Please ensure you understand the following house check guidelines:
- Officers will not check houses that are for sale/rent/vacant or if someone is staying at the residence
- The house check program has a 6-month limit
- Homeowner must have an available keyholder who can respond within 30 minutes
- It is very important that homeowners secure all windows and doors in the residence before leaving the area
- If there are any changes to the information on this form, the homeowner is responsible for notifying the Department at the non-emergency number (321) 723-4343 to ensure that officers do not respond to activity at the household hat has been authorized by the homeowner
- The homeowner is responsible for cancelling housewatch upon return to town
Please complete the form below and submit to notify the Department of your request.